Time keeps marching on. Did you plan to start a goal journal in January? How is it going? How many goals have you accomplished during the first half of the year?
Many questions to think about and answer. If you have not started a daily goal journal for 2013, it is not too late.
Why a task journal – it helps you focus on your dreams and goals for your life. Studies show that writing down goals makes it easier to achieve them and increases the probability that you will achieve them. Take the time to list your goals and then look at the journal frequently to motivate yourself.
STEPS TO GET STARTED.
1. GET THE TOOLS. We all have goals large and small for our life. Writing down your goals in a daily goal journal will ensure you make them a priority in your life. Start by getting a notebook or journal to write in. Find a special pen or pencil that you will keep with the journal or you can easily create an online goal journal that is accessible anywhere you go.
2. START SMALL. Every day at either a set time or whenever you have a few free moments write at least one goal in your journal. The goal may be a small easy goal, such as remember to smile at everyone you see that day. Or the goal may be a long-term goal, requiring years of effort, such as go to college or start a new business.
3. BE CONSISTENT AND DILIGENT. Write in your goal journal everyday. Also look over the journal frequently to ensure you are following up on your goals.
4. REVIEW. At least once a week go back and update your progress on your goals. Keep adding your progress reports until you achieve the goal. Read over your progress reports to strengthen your motivation to achieve your goals.
5. TEAM UP. You may want to start this project with a friend. If you both have daily goal journals and meet to discuss your goals once a month or however often you want to it will increase your accountability and motivation .
- Keep the journal in your thoughts as you go about your day and actively work to achieve your goals.
- Remember this quote from Les Brown - If you set goals and go after them with all the determination you can muster, your gifts will take you places that will amaze you.