A time of food, family and friends. Do you need a quick dish that will be the rave of the get together? I've found two great recipes that keep the calorie count low but are great tasting. Let me know what you think?
Lemon Drop Chicken Wings
throw the wings in the marinade before going to church and then throw them in the oven before the game.
Prep and Cook Time: 1 1/2 hours, plus at least 2 hours of marinating time.Yield: Makes 8 servings
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken wings, tips trimmed off
Preparation1. In a large bowl or resealable plastic bag, combine vodka, lemon juice, sugar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Stir to dissolve sugar and salt. Add the chicken wings and mix to coat. Cover bowl or seal bag and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 400°. Line a 9- by 13-in. baking pan with two layers of foil. Arrange the chicken wings in a single layer in the pan, and pour the marinade evenly over all. Bake until meat is well browned and pulling away from the bone, about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Serve hot or warm.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
- Calories: 173 (57% from fat)
- Protein: 14g
- Fat: 11g (sat 3)
- Carbohydrate: 2.7g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Sodium: 189mg
- Cholesterol: 45mg